February 8, 2011

CR06

This was the very last lecture, and supposedly the most boring out of all of them. Well I did not think it was boring at all, or maybe it was all the caffeine I had during the day that kept me interested. But learning about Business and Legal issues with Contracts, Patents, Trademarks, Copyrights and etc. I’ve never really knew too much about the difference between a Trademark and a Copyright. Also, I never realized the amount of time in effort (and money) that goes into something that might not even have a chance in the first place. The person conducting anyone of these must obviously have a firm belief that they do, but still it’s a chance that is being taken. So it was interesting nonetheless. 


But the Movie: RiP! A Remix Manifesto
So far this documentary is pretty sweet. It's actually easier to listen to then actually watch, to be completely honest. Watching the scenes and all of the action of some parts takes away from what he is actually saying. He has a lot to say and it's very interesting to listen to, but if I try watching and listening my mind starts wondering and thinking about the people in the video and not what he has to say. Which may be weird, but whatever it works for me. But I mean.. kind of scary hearing about actual people who got charged with Copyright infringement from downloading illegal music. My parents always warn you as a kid to never download music illegally but who listens to their parents these days, seriously?! But no really, I've always had a problem with that system and it just sucks. Like paying a $1.09 on itunes for each song is going to fly.. I don't think so. I can't wait to hear the rest of the movie..