February 15, 2011

RR06

Okay, so I think I am getting my posts mixed up or something is wrong with the order of what is being turned in at what time. Because I thought this was supposed to be RR05 because that's what I had a draft saved for then I looked and already had it done? So I started reading Chapters 4-6 and now have two RR06's for Chapters 1-3 and Chapters 4-6 and I was planning on talking about Chapters 4-6 right now, but seeing how I haven't even done 1-3 I am kind of bummed because I liked 4-6 a lot more than 1-3. But sure I'll figure this out..

And before I do anything about what the book was talking about.. In Chapter 1 they talked about the questioning of design and functions etc. Well like I said in my last RR (whichever one that might have been) I wanted to interview my Dad on his job with concerning the Franklin County Waste Corporations. So basically I was wrong about a lot of things and it's not even called that, it's actually a company called SWACO (odd I didn't even know where my dad worked at) But basically he gave me the run down of the Design of their facility and how things are designed just getting ready for the solid waste to arrive. Which if you CLICK on the word "SWACO" it will take you to their organization website on everything that they provide for the county. I don't feel that I should go into detail about it just yet because it fits better with the later chapters or either a different project, and it's really boring text. But anyway..

Chapter 1: To start off with the chapter they go right into the Industrial Revolution. Which is completely fine because I am very interested in that time period. People during the time were not thinking ahead when preparing these huge factories and the toys in the factories or anything that was made during this time period. Which actually started initially in the late 1800's then most in the 1920's and etc. Things were mainly made to last a long time and  without thinking about advancements and change, that is what they did.

Chapter 2:

Chapter 3: